A. Key Responsibilities
1. BILLING SYSTEMS PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Identifies, installs, and support of Billing systems, account payment systems (Banks, dealers, and online)
• Prepares and updates all system documentation e.g. user and technical manuals, so as to keep them updated and to enable easy maintenance and enhancement
• Responsible for the billing process as well as technical support to the users of the billing system
2. MONITORING AND SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
• Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of use of the section’s application services products
• Evaluate problem areas and initiates corrective actions to improve performance and/or maintain reliability, security and integrity of systems
• Assist the Billing and VAS Manager in carrying out regular resilience audits of the IS application software infrastructure to prevent loss of service and ensure, if necessary that recovery is completed as quickly as possible thereby reducing downtime
• Contribute to the Contingency Planning function by mapping out the best recovery option in the event of a disaster
• Submits comprehensive written reports to the Billing and Systems Manager on the status of all projects and related issues
• Provide consultative services and specialized expertise in technical application areas to user groups and IS management
• Ensure that adequate feedback is provided to superiors on all relevant matters
4. DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
• Perform the day to day administration of the Informix/Oracle/other database on which the Billing systems run on.
• Develop and maintain system scripts as necessary
• Engineering Degree in Computer Science or Related Discipline
• MBA or MBL will be an added advantage
• At least 4 years of experience in the IT industry with more emphasis on programming using a Relational Database Management System (RDMS) and system analysis and design of at least one recognized Billing System, financial system including installation maintenance and support
Please apply via email to : email@example.com or bring your application to HR department, clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject area.Closing date for all applications is Monday, 15 May 2017 at 5PM.
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to.