Oxfam, a confederation of 18 affiliate organisations, is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We believe that people are capable of building sustainable livelihoods to overcome poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. This is why we support local projects in developing countries, strengthen local organisations, lobby companies and governments to take into account the interests of the poorest people and campaign locally and internationally for fairpolicies. As a confederation, we work together to increase the impact of our long term development and humanitarian responses.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a
LOGISTICS MANAGER (h/f) (100%)
Duty station : Bujumbura, Burundi
Team Purpose (Logistics team)
• Is responsible to support the CD with the management of the country office logistics department
• To provide Logistics Management to the current logistic team in Burundi and ensuring logistics support to programme staff and humanitarian programme staff at the programme and project level.
• Ensures ITC services in Burundi are operational with the support of the ITC The Hague office
• Reporting lines : Oxfam Burundi Country Director (line management),Regional Logistics Coordinator Oxfam International in Nairobi and Oxfam Novib Logistics Coordinator in The Hague (matrix management)
• Experience with Oxfam Logistics procedures and systems is an advantage
• Experience in staff supervision ; team working skills.
• Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
• Flexibility while working under pressure and in response to changing needs.
• Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
• Excellent capacity building and training skills
• Good written and spoken French and English
• Budget preparation and monitoring skills
• Ability to keep clear and concise records.
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
• Commitment to humanitarian principles
• Professional qualification or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics equivalent.
• At least 5 years professional experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management at country level.
• Previous overseas work experience, ideally with non-governmental organizations would be an advantage.
How to apply
Does this job interest you ? Send your application, including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with 3 references to the attention of the Country Director Oxfam Burundi, reference number BUR/LOGM/170718 to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org, before August 1, 2017, 17.00 hours. The job profile is available on request at the same email address.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.