Oxfam, a confederation of 18 affiliate organisations, is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We believe that people are capable of building sustainable livelihoods to overcome poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. This is why we support local projects in developing countries and strengthen local organisations, lobby companies and governments to take into account the interests of the poorest people and campaign locally and internationally for fairpolicies. As a confederation, we work together to increase the impact of our long term development and humanitarian responses.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a
Project Officer – Nyubahiriza Project (h/f) (100%)
Duty station : Bujumbura, Burundi
The Programme : “Nyubahiriza” – “Respect me” implemented by a consortia of different national and international NGOs with a long track record of supporting Burundians to build peace in their communities, was the response to a tender launched by the “Addressing Root Causes (ARC) Fund” of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA). The “Nyubahiriza” programme will address the most important root causes, of the past and present insecurity and violence - in a gender-sensitive and youth-inclusive manner.
The Project Officer ensures the effective delivery of all aspects of the Nyubahiriza Programmeimplemented across Burundi. He/She ensures accurate and responsive management of partners, establishing and adjusting activity plans, ensuring technical project quality, with an emphasis on sustainability and impact at-scale, and responsible to ensure internal and external projectreports are high quality and produced to agreed deadlines. Additionally, he/she ensures, effective project monitoring, learning, knowledge management and project related research in support of country programme advocacy and campaigns.
Technical Skills and Experience
• Degree in sector specific development field, social sciences ;
• At least 3 years of professional work experience in supporting the management of multidimensional, complex, donor-funded programmes/projects, preferably in Burundi or the Great Lakes region ;
• Proven Experience in delivering conflict transformation specific projects ;
• Experience of establishing and developing partnerships with local civil society actors (CBOs and NGOs) ;
• Diplomatic skills and political sensitivity ;
• Ability to work well under pressure to multiple demands, responding to changing needs, without losing sight of the strategic objectives ;
• Commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam, including commitment to humanitarian principles and action Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies ;
• Complex problem-solving ability ;
• Experience in project specific MEAL systems and processes ;
• Excellent written and spoken French and English.
How to apply
Does this job interest you ? Send your application, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae with 3 references to the attention of the Country Director Oxfam Burundi, reference number BUR/PO/23032018 to the following email email@example.com, before April 5, 2018, 17.00 hours. The job profile is available on request at the same email address.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.