TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is a partnership of the riparian states of the Nile. The NBI seeks to develop the river basin resources in a cooperative manner, share substantial socioeconomic benefits, and promote regional peace and security. Within the framework of the NBI, the Governments of Burundi, Rwanda and Tanzania have received financial support from the World Bank for the implementation of the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Plant, conceived as part of the Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program (NELSAP).
The Ministers in charge of energy in the three countries have decided to implement the project through a public financed, privately managed mechanism. A Rusumo Power Company Limited (Special Purpose Vehicle) has been established by the three governments to own the power plant infrastructure. The implementation has been delegated to NELSAP.
NELSAP signed a memorandum of understand with Giteranyi and Busoni communes to implement Local Area Development Programme (LADP) for USD five millions.
That programme will be implemented by the respective communes with assistance of four additional staff : A Coordinator, a Procurement Officer, Accountant for Giteranyi and Accountant for Busoni.
2-Accountability and Reporting
The Procurement Officer will report and be accountable to the LADP Coordinator in a format and schedule as required.
The functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to ;
1. Ensure the implementation of all procurement provisions in Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) ;
2. Prepare and regularly update the project procurement plan in liaison with the components.
3. Manage the tendering processes by providing advice regarding preparation and verification of tender documents, adherence to Donor procurement and financial regulations, timely preparation of all required communications, finalization of contracts and ensure proper filing, maintenance and protection of documents and best practice ;
4. Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the management and administration of the procurement process including the development of specifications / Terms of Reference (ToRs), the set-up of evaluation committee and evaluation, the documentation and filing at all stages of the procurement cycle ; preparation of bidding documents, pre-qualification of bidders, notification and advertising, bid opening and evaluation, award of contracts, reviewing claims, and review of payment certificates ;
5. Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the supervision, management and monitoring contracts for goods, works or services at component level including the receipt, review, and the clearance of payments
6. Manage and administer the selection of consultants under the projects including initiating the set-up of evaluation committee and managing all stages of the procurement cycle ; short-listing of consultants, preparation of request for proposals, evaluation of technical and financial proposals, preparation of draft contracts, supervision of consultancy contracts, reviewing claims and certification consultants’ invoices after the technical sector specialists have approved the consultant’s report ;
7. Liaise with NELSAP/PIU to seek and obtain approval for key stages in the procurement cycle ;
8. Establish a Procurement Management Information System for enhancement of procurement planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation for the project as per the required standards.
9. Prepare all procurement reports regularly and timely in line with the MoU and any other project requirements.
10. Any other duties as may be assigned by management ;
4-Qualifications and Experience
At least Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Civil
Engineer or similar qualification.
At least Five years of experience in the field of procurement ;
Demonstrable experience in a business environment in procurement services in either public or private sector. Experience gained in organizations with a regional dimension is an added advantage.
Have a strong ability to work in a team environment with a results-based orientation and to bring tasks to completion under tight deadlines ;
Has demonstrated ability to follow World Bank Procurement procedures or other multilateral donors ;
Knowledge of the national public procurement procedures is an advantage ;
Have working knowledge of MS Office software, MS Project, windows etc.
Fluency in French and English. Working knowledge of Kirundi and Kiswahili is an advantage.
N.B. It’s recommended to attach copies of certificates, diploma and proof of their professional experience.
5. DUTY STATION :
The ProcurementOfficer will be based at Muyinga Province –Giteranyi Commune with regular missions in Kirundo Province- Busoni Commune.
6. Employment terms.
The employee’s appointment will be on contract period of 12 months. The contract may be extended based on satisfactory performance, availability of funds and need for services.
7. How to apply :
Interested Applicants should apply by submitting :
(i) A cover letter with statement on applicant’s interest in the given assignment and suitability based on the given TOR
(ii) Curriculum Vitae (CV) including date of birth and nationality
(iii) Copies of academic & professional training certificates
Deadline for submission is on 30thOctober 2019 before 17:00 hours Burundi time through the email : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com with copy firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com