EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY !
Vacancy Announcement : Bujumbura-2021-06
Open To : All Eligible Candidates - All Sources
Position : Carpentry Maintenance Worker
Series/Grade : Resident (OR) : FSN- 7
Opening Date : February 08, 2021
Closing Date : February 22, 2021at 16:00
Work Hours : Work schedule : 40 hours/week
Note : Closing time for submission of physical applications is 16:00 (Monday through Thursday) and 11:00 on Friday.
BASIC FUNCTIONS :
Working in the Facility Management section of the Embassy Bujumbura, the Carpentry Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and repair work on finish and interior assemblies, furnishings and fixtures in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. Job holder would repair, adjust, and install doors, windows, hardware, wall, ceiling and floor coverings, sunshades, and blinds ; fixed furnishings ; painting of various surfaces ; and replacement specified glazing products with required installation materials.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
EDUCATION:Completion of secondary school is required.
EXPERIENCE :A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of building assemblies, furnishings, and fixture operations.
JOB KNOWLEDGE :
Competence in :
• Maintenance and repair of various building finishes and assembles, components, fixtures and furnishings utilizing carpentry and general building construction skill.
• Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of wood working and metal machines, various types of power and handheld tools that meet accepted trade practices and safety procedures.
• Ability to utilize various types of electronic measuring devices and recording instruments.
• Testing procedures in control assembly tolerences, diagnose faults, determine current operating function to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
• Reading and working from sketches, architectural and engineering drawings, specifications and material list
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
• Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
• Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
• A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION : Interested applicants for this position must submit the Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174) and a current résumé or curriculum vitae that provide additional information. The application form is available at https://bi.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.