Position title : Human Resources and Organizational Development Advisor
Working location : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia/Nairobi, Kenya
Supervisor : Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development
Region : East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
The purpose of the Position
The mission of HR/OD Advisor is under the direction of the Director of HR/OD ESAF to be responsible for a given number of MAs ( member associations) within the Region in providing a ‘generalist’ Human resources and organization Development technical, capacity building and monitoring support as well as stand as a specialized OD/Talent Management support lead for all member association in the region, all in close cooperation with the CVI Representative.
Primary position goals include providing robust technical and capacity building support in the areas of Compensation and benefits management, change management, HR/OD policy review, talent and performance management, Learning and development, career and succession management, talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation and benefits management and related HR and CB topics. The post will also lead and participate in any assigned special Human Resources and organization Development initiative and projects within the regional office. The position will drive cascading of all global and regional HROD initiatives to assigned member associations and support the compilation of cluster HROD reports. It ensures that all HROD client services across the assigned cluster countries and regional office will be more need driven, timely and result oriented.
The position will also have responsibility to provide HR business partner support to the regional office in Addis and Nairobi, as may be assigned, such as providing support in workforce planning, recruitment and onboarding, performance management, L&D, employee relations and other strategic and operational HROD services.
These goals will be achieved through strong partnership with relevant internal clients including Member association/country HR and management team, regional functional and CVI Representative office team. The incumbent is also expected to keep abreast of all developments in all areas of Human Resources and Organization Development to provide upto standard support and capacity building to the client MAs.
Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development
International Children’s Villages (CVI) Representatives
National Human Resources Coordinators
ESAF Regional TeamsMembers
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
• Responsible for supporting the development of an effective National HR function in the assigned Cluster MAs to meet international HR & CB quality standards & guidelines. He/she will also provide guidance and strategic support in development and review of HROD policy and procedure reviews.
• Support the regional office and member associations in compensation and benefits management, organization design, restructuring and change management processes
• Supports the regional office and member associations in individual and organizational capacity assessment processes, design and delivery of capacity building strategies and plans.
• Guided by regional HROD strategy, the HROD Advisor delivers HR & CB input to the MAs´ strategic & annual plan and budget processes. Support MAs in workforce planning and personnel budget processes, provide inputs do budget check and validations.
• Provide follow up support in HROD reporting and analytics and compilation of cluster reports.
• Support in Recruitment and onboarding processes for the region as well as Member associations
• Support MAs and regional officeon areas such as Learning and Development, compensation and benefit management, performance management, career development and succession planning strategies and processes.
• Responsible for leading, developing, and supporting the cluster HR network, supporting cross-national knowledge sharing, and ensuring capacity building of co-workers, actively participate in region wide HR community network.
• Provide support to MAs in job classification and in putting in place fair, competitive, transparent and sustainable compensation and benefits system in place.
• Collaborate with the senior management through the advice of the Director of HROD in the region to facilitate institutional gender and diversity initiatives in the region by providing advice on equity, compliance, inclusion and diversity.
• S/he will be responsible within own area of work and cluster countries to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination. Also responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
• Master Degree in Human Resources/Organization development/Business Administration and Public Administration or any other related field
• At least 7 years of experience in a generalist HR Management and relevant operational services as well as Strong Technical knowledge in the field of HROD, particularly in organization Development and learning and development.
• Of which at least 3 years managerial or senior advisory experience in the field of HR
• Excellent competency in Human Resources process management, capacity assessment &building and organizational learning skills
• Ability to conduct capacity in the cluster MAs. Should have planning and priority setting skills.
• Strong communication, planning, analytical and creativity skills
• Fluency and Very good working knowledge of English and Frenchis a requirement.
• Experience in multicultural and stakeholder management context – an added advantage
• Proficiency Microsoft office applications
• A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
• As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
• A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees as Single Document.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the name and reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
Email to : Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to : ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org. All applications should be submitted not later than July 10, 2021.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.